During the last week there has been a couple of great releases in the software I use every day.
First out was Python 3.1. It was released June 27th and features
- An ordered dictionary type
- Various optimizations to the int type
- New unittest features including test skipping and new assert methods.
- A much faster io module
- Tile support for Tkinter
- A pure Python reference implementation of the import statement
- New syntax for nested with statements
Then last, but not least, the long awaited PHP 5.3.0 has been released, which provides namespaces and closures for PHP.